Confluence is a global leader in software products and solutions. We strive to create a collaborative and forward thinking culture which fosters professional growth while delivering exceptional results for our client.
A Data Architect at Confluence is responsible for creating and maintaining the architectural specifications of product data models and ensuring the success of the product by aligning product capabilities with business data needs. This person works within a cross-functional team that includes Solutions Architects, Operations Analysts, and Product Owners to define the logical composition of Confluence’s products. This includes defining both the organizational structure of the application and the logical structure of its underlying data models. The Data Architect is responsible for ensuring that product data models are extensible, maintainable, and usable by Operations to deliver value to our clients.
A Data Architect at Confluence will be tasked with the following essential responsibilities:
- Design and implement product data architectures and models
- Perform product testing and create prototypes
- Develop data architecture and design specifications from software and business requirements
- Responsible for creating high-performance, enduring and extensible foundations for Confluence products
- Work with Product Owners and Operations Analysts to understand business needs
- Play a critical role in the development of Confluence software
- Initiate and take responsibility for timely completion of design tasks, initiates alternative task paths or work-around when problems are encountered
- Understand and adhere to the software development process and standards; aids management in the optimization and maintenance of the software development process
- Prioritize software tasks and is able to identify areas of potential software risk
- Lead, educate and inspire others to transform their vision into a commercial product
- Evaluate acquisition targets and integration requirements
- Provide innovation by focusing creative spirit on solving market problems by leveraging the company’s distinctive competencies
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and essential skills:
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Information Science, or Engineering
- Four or more years software development and architecture experience with two or more years experience in Financial Technology highly preferred
- Proven experience designing back-end databases for large, high performance, enterprise systems
- Mastery of design constructs (RMDB, Architectural Patterns, Design Patterns)
- Architecture modeling experience using UML or other modeling language
- Proficiency with Microsoft SQL Server and/or Oracle databases
- High creativity with the ability to define and solve problems using strategic, quantitative, and abstract abilities
- Ability to learn independently and work with a high degree of autonomy
- Attention to detail and thoroughness with sound planning and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Increased level of responsibilities, as value-added team member
- Collaborative working style that values team success over personal accomplishments
- Act in accordance with and is an ambassador of our company values - Integrity, Imagination, Discipline and Service
If you are interested in learning more about the Data Architect position at Confluence, submit your resume today.
Confluence Technologies Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.